(as of [price_update_date] – Details)
These songs were adapted here for Tongue Drum and Handpan and they are possible to play on most drum models.
The steel tongue drum (aka tong drum, tank drum, gluck-o-phone, hapi, or steeldrum) and the handpan (aka hank drum, UFO drum, zen drum, meditation, healing, yoga or chakra drum) are percussion musical instruments designed to help you focus on your feelings, sensations, and body.
In musical science, a unique Native American style of singing can be distinguished. It is characterized by rhythmic breathing, a tense voice, and syllabic sounds being more important than lyrics. These technical features helped the shaman achieve a trance state. Although the tongue drum is a modern musical instrument, is perfectly suitable for any tribal songs.
Attention: Songs have been transposed for a DIATONIC range. Some melodies might be changed and simplified. If your drum has flat keys, it is recommended that you use classic sheet music for piano.
We write the note numbers above the notes because our sheet music is aimed at absolute beginners. Just follow numbers and enjoy.
Here you can find traditional songs, handed down from generation to generation: ceremonial (such as corn grinding or moccasin game songs) or healing songs.
Also, we add a QR code to most songs. Follow the link and find this song on YouTube, so that you can listen to the rhythm before beginning to play.
Which tongue drum are these songs suitable for?
Each tongue drum is very different and it is impossible to accommodate songs for all kinds of tongue drums in one book.
The songs which have been collected in this book can be played on most drum models. If you have less than 1 octave of keys on your drum, you may need to skip some songs. However, if your drum has many sharp notes, you will need a book that contains chromatic songs.
Here, we have collected only simplified diatonic melodies.
- Ani Couni. Arapaho Song. (Version 1)
- Ani Couni. Arapaho Song. (Version 2)
- Ani Couni. Arapaho Song. (Version 3)
- Medicine Song. Apache Song
- Bebi Notsa. Creek folk song
- Buffalo Dance. Kiowa folk song
- Chippewa Lullaby. Chippewa folk song
- Corn Grinding Song. Zuni folk song
- Dust of the Red Wagon. Ute folk song
- Eagle Dance Song. Algonquin folk song
- Epanay. Sioux folk song
- Eskimo Ice Cream. Inuit folk song
- Hiya Hiya. Pawnee folk song
- Happy Song. Navajo folk song
- Ho Ho Watanay. Iroquois Lullaby. (2 versions)
- Hosisipa. Sioux folk song
- Hwi Ne Ya He. Presumably an Apache song
- Happiness Song. Navajo folk song
- Inuit Lullaby. Inuit folk song
- Moccasin Game Song. Navajo folk song
- Nessa, Nessa. Ojibwe Lullaby
- Mos Mos. Hopi folk song
- My Paddle. Folk song
- O Hal’lwe. Nanticoke folk song
- Okki Tokki Unga. Eskimo fishing song
- Pleasure Dance. Choctaw folk song
- Sioux Lullaby. Sioux folk song
- Song of the Deer Dancing. Chippewa folk song
- Song to the Sun. Zuni folk song
- Uhe’ Ba Sho. Omaha folk song
- Wanagi Wacipi Olowan. Dakota folk song
- Wioste Olowan. Dakota folk song
- We N’ De Ya Ho Cherokee Morning song
- Ya Ya We. Wichita song
- Zuni Sunset Song. Zuni folk song