(as of Sep 28,2021 17:10:35 UTC – Details)
Written by Bobby Owsinski, the author of the award winning and highly acclaimed Mixing Engineer’s Handbook (the standard reference book for mixing in schools around the world), the Music Mixing Workbook features hands-on exercises that teach you all the things that make a mix sound great, as well as all the things to avoid along the way.
Designed to meet the needs of anyone relatively new to or confused about the once mysterious process of mixing audio, the book features 175 different exercises covering every operation needed to complete a modern sounding professional mix with tips and tricks that come directly from the A-list pro mixers.
The easy-to-grasp exercises can be used with any DAW application or hardware console, and any genre of music.Topics covered include:
• DAW vs. console channel signal flow
• Basic monitoring setup to optimize your playback environment
• Balancing mix elements using a never-miss technique
• Panning techniques for various mix elements
• Multiple EQ strategies for powerful and distinct tracks
• Compression, gates, and saturators and how to use them
• Reverb, delay and modulation effects and how to layer them like the pros
• Master mix techniques, and much more
Although the reader can use the Workbook with any current mixes they may be working on, most of the exercises are built around professionally recorded tracks that are available to download for free.The Music Mixing Workbook is meant to work in conjunction with Bobby’s popular Mixing Engineer’s Handbook to provide the practical training behind the many concepts involved with mixing.